The following MTTC tests are now offered on computer in addition to the regularly scheduled paper-based test administrations:
Computer-based testing (CBT) is available during specific testing windows at testing centers throughout Michigan and across the nation. Starting November 9, 2015, most MTTC computer-based tests will be administered year-round, Monday through Saturday (excluding some holidays), at more than 225 test centers throughout the United States and its territories (e.g., Puerto Rico) as well as over 30 international test centers, including in Canada and Mexico. The Professional Readiness Examination and language tests offered on computer will still be available in select testing windows. Select your test to find test dates and test sites, score dates, and more information.
Preliminary scores provided at the conclusion of a computer-based test administration will not be used by the MDE for issuing teaching certificate(s) or endorsement(s).
Registration for computer-based testing is available only on the Internet by selecting "Register Now" on the MTTC website. Fees for computer-based testing differ from fees for paper-based testing. The following guidelines apply to computer-based testing registration:
- You should plan to register as early as possible before your desired testing window. Test appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Once you have registered, you may not change your test selection for that one test session unless you withdraw your registration and register again. (See "Test Selection" for more information about test sessions and registration.)
- For each registration, you may select:
- One subject-area test, or
- One subtest of the Professional Readiness Examination, or
- All three subtests of the Professional Readiness Examination.
- For the Professional Readiness Examination, you must pass all three subtests to meet the requirement for Michigan Teacher Certification.
- If you need to take the full Professional Readiness Examination, be sure to select all three subtests (Reading, Mathematics, AND Writing) when you register.
- The length of the test session is determined by the number of Professional Readiness Examination subtests you've selected.
- If you want to take each Professional Readiness Examination subtest on separate dates in the testing window you will need to register for each Professional Readiness Examination subtest separately.
If after your computer-based test appointment you wish to retake the test, you must wait at least 24 hours before you will be able to re-register for the same computer-based test or subtest. However, you must wait 30 days between each attempt of the same test or subtest whether paper-based or computer-based, per the MTTC Retake Policy. This means that you will only be able to take a test or each Professional Readiness Examination subtest one time in any testing window.
In computer-based testing, examinees complete the tests by selecting answers on-screen to multiple-choice questions and typing responses to the constructed-response assignment, if applicable. See "Reporting to the Test Site," "What to Bring to the Test Site," and " Test Site Rules" for details about the day of the test, including information about identification and security policies.
Preliminary test results for the tests or subtests containing only multiple-choice questions will be provided at the testing center at the conclusion of your test and will indicate pass/fail status. If you took a test or subtest with a constructed-response assignment, this will be indicated on the preliminary test results printout. The printout will also include a brief explanation of how the constructed-response assignment will be scored. The MDE does not accept these preliminary test results for the purpose of issuing teaching certificates or endorsements. It is your responsibility to complete all necessary application processes required for obtaining a Michigan teaching certificate or endorsement for which passing one or more MTTC test(s) is required.
Copyright © 2015 Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s). All rights reserved.
Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004