The following MTTC tests are now offered on computer in addition to the regularly scheduled paper-based test administrations:
- Early Childhood Education (General and Special Education)
- Elementary Education
- Integrated Science (Elementary)
- Language Arts (Elementary)
- Mathematics (Elementary)
- Mathematics (Secondary)
- Professional Readiness Examination (Reading, Mathematics, and Writing)
- Social Studies (Elementary)
- Social Studies (Secondary)
Computer-based testing (CBT) is available during specific testing windows at testing centers throughout Michigan and across the nation. Refer to "Test Dates" for a list of the testing windows currently open for registration and to "Test Sites" for information about available testing centers across the United States.
Registration for computer-based testing is available only on the Internet by selecting "Register Now" on the MTTC website. Fees for computer-based testing differ from fees for paper-based testing. The following guidelines apply to computer-based testing registration:
- You should plan to register as early as possible before your desired testing window. Test appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Once you have registered, you may not change your test selection for that one test session unless you withdraw your registration and register again. (See "Test Selection" for more information about test sessions and registration.)
- For each registration, you may select:
- One subject-area test, or
- One subtest of the Professional Readiness Examination, or
- All three subtests of the Professional Readiness Examination.
- For the Professional Readiness Examination, you must pass all three subtests to meet the requirement for Michigan Teacher Certification.
- If you need to take the full Professional Readiness Examination, be sure to select all three subtests (Reading, Mathematics, AND Writing) when you register.
- The length of the test session is determined by the number of Professional Readiness Examination subtests you've selected.
- If you want to take each Professional Readiness Examination subtest on separate dates in the testing window you will need to register for each Professional Readiness Examination subtest separately.
If after your computer-based test appointment you wish to retake the test, you must wait at least 24 hours before you will be able to re-register for the same computer-based test or subtest. However, you must wait 60 days between each computer-based attempt of the same test or subtest, per the MTTC Retake Policy. This means that you will only be able to take a test or each Professional Readiness Examination subtest one time in any testing window.
In computer-based testing, examinees complete the tests by selecting answers on-screen to multiple-choice questions and typing responses to the constructed-response assignment, if applicable. See "Reporting to the Test Site," "What to Bring to the Test Site," and "Test Site Rules" for details about the day of the test, including information about identification and security policies.
Unofficial test results for the tests or subtests containing only multiple-choice questions will be provided at the testing center at the conclusion of your test and will indicate pass/fail status. If you took a test or subtest with a constructed-response assignment, this will be indicated on the unofficial test results printout. The printout will also include a brief explanation of how the constructed-response assignment will be scored.
Copyright © 2014 Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s). All rights reserved.
Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004